Your post would work fine in a world where there is no emotion. Just realize that it is a forum; and a very opinionated one at that.
A little quick advice (not rules, just advice) on posting certain things about the posting of things about the two men that will run for President this fall...
1) Try to post on the subject at hand, and not attack another poster. We all know that some posters are on one side of the aisle, and others are on the other side. BUT--we're all Americans. If we're going to discuss that stuff, let's try to do it in a civilized manner.
2) <u>Most important</u> of these two points is this: before posting an article/forwarded e-mail regarding one of the two candidates, do your own research first. Go to either http://www.snopes.com or http://www.truthorfiction.com, search for a few keywords (I.E. - McCain war hero, Obama ineligible, etc), and save yourself and the rest of us the time of having to sift thru BS, and get to the point to where we can actually discuss what matters.
I think if we keep both of those in mind and practice them, that any discussions centered around this election will be more productive (if that's possible) and more civilized (definitely possible).
Just a thought or two.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
Your post would work fine in a world where there is no emotion. Just realize that it is a forum; and a very opinionated one at that.
As long as we don't have people playing on those emotions to "rile people up", I won't have to worry about that.
Like I said, it's just some friendly advice to save all of us some heartache & headache. Take it or leave it.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
Ahhh! But "heated" debates over political beliefs has always been a cornerstone of our political system. That is why we have political parties. Whether or not you vote democrat, republican, or even communist does not bother me. It is kinda like me being a volunteer fan and you, obviously being a cane fan having the same coach, or in the case of politics, the same president. We have the same goal, just different ideas and ways of getting there. Debates like these are never gonna change and they no doubt, will become heated because of our differing beliefs in how to achieve.
"Heated arguments" are welcome. I never said they couldn't/shouldn't get heated. I'm saying try to keep the personal stuff out of it. Also notice I say "try", because I know how hard that can be for people in general.
My second point still stands regardless of the personal attacks on other posters/the candidates...and I feel for this board it is more important anyways.
And to wit as to why we're sucking as a nation right now:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But "heated" debates over political beliefs has always been a cornerstone of our political system. That is why we have political parties.</div></div>
We can all pretty much so agree that:
1) Political parties suck now because they're so corrupt.
2) They hardly ever argue anything of merit that's going to change anything for the better.
Not sure why we'd be propping that up as something great about our political system.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
That's just not the problem, The problem is not the political parties themselves, but the people who will stop at nothing to impose their beliefs on the nation as a whole. This is where the "corruption" lies. My question is "What is so wrong with McCain, is it the fact that he is old, or is it the fact that he is republican? Also, in the same thought, What is so wrong with Obama, is it the fact he is black, or is it the fact he is a democrat"? Personally, I feel that McCain is better for the job because of his "proven" leadership in the military and years of service in the senate. Face it, Obama has had absolutely no leadership experience. I, for one, do not want Obama's inexperience in foreign affairs nor his INEXPERIENCE to lead our nation's military in times of crisis.
Also, I might add that when the democrats took control of congress a couple of years ago, they said that $1.99 was too much for gas, unemployment was too high, and inflation was too high. Now, two years later, gas is at 4 dollars a gallon,inflation is higher, joblessness is at an all time high and the stock market is on a roller coaster ride, the likes it hasn't seen since the crash of 1929
I actually think this thread needs to be moved to the political forum.
In the situation we are in, the current Congress can't be to blame. Their role is basically the same as a minority partner in a business that has to have the approval of a majority owner to get anything done...and then to go over his head through appealing to a board that shares his views if he disagrees...which most of the time isn't gonna get anything done. They have prevented him from loading the judicial system with like minded folks tho...which 20 years from now will be seen as their greatest accomplishment.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Then, who do you blame for our current situation? Yes, you can blame the populus for some of it, but most of the blame I put on our current government, we put them in charge of our country to look out for OUR interests.
My blame lies with the system...most notably the 2000 election where the popular vote didn't name the winner...and then the rest of the gov. tried its best to validate reasons why votes should not count in order to put someone in office that didn't belong there....and that goes all the way to the supreme court. Second, I blame an apathetic American public and its society which has become so lazy and indifferent that they could be offered $hit for supper and then be sorry enough to take it, cower in a corner and partake.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Bookmarks